Pleasant Pond Floodplain Easement
Conservation EasementJanuary 6, 2012
The Pleasant Pond Floodplain Forest Project permanently protects 524 acres of land along the Saco River and Pleasant Pond in Fryeburg, Maine. This project was in partnership with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife, & The Nature Conservancy in Maine.
This spectacular piece of conservation land includes:
- 2.97 miles of natural, undeveloped frontage on the Saco River
- 897 feet of natural, undeveloped frontage on Pleasant Pond
- 2,887 feet of scenic, undeveloped frontage on RT 302
- silver maple floodplain forest, an exemplary state rare natural community
- globally rare plant & animal species
Located in the Land Trust’s Brownfield Bog/Pleasant Pond Focus Area, this property ranks as some of the highest value conservation land within our 11 town service area. This stretch of the Saco River is also enjoyed by hundreds of boaters annually.
Map: 8, Lot: see cmmnt
Back to All Lands