The World Fellowship Center on Whitton Pond ProjectDonate to this Project
...on a conservation easement that will protect over 400 acres on Whitton Pond in Albany, NH and nearly complete the pond’s protection. The project also has extensive frontage on Chocorua River and busy Route 16.
World Fellowship Center (WFC) was founded in 1941 as a non-profit focused on promoting social justice and the connections between people, communities, and nature through education, recreation, and creative expression. With your help, USVLT will purchase a conservation easement on the property, and as an exemplary steward of the land, WFC will continue to own and manage the property much as it has for over half a century.
Important conservation values of the property include:
- 3500 feet of the Whitton Pond shoreline
- 2200 feet of frontage on the Chocorua River
- 76 acres of the Highest Ranked Habitat in New Hampshire, as identified by state’s Wildlife Action Plan
- Rare plants & natural communities
- Nesting sites for the Common Loon, pond residents for >100 years
- Connectivity to 900 acres of conserved land around Whitton Pond and over 250,000 acres of the White Mountain National Forest.
PROJECT TOTAL: $394,000
Please support the protection of our watersheds today!
From now until December 1st, we have an extraordinary opportunity: an anonymous foundation will MATCH all gifts – or pledges – of $1,000 or more! This means that you could give $250 now, $250 next year, and $250 for the following two years, and qualify for this generous match. Please make your gift or pledge today. Thank you!
Donate now – no gift is too small (or too big!). You can send a check to USVLT, PO Box 424, North Conway, NH 03860 or click the button below to pay by PayPal or credit card.