World Fellowship Center – Cottage-Soccer Field Easement
June 3, 2020
In June 2020 the World Fellowship Center (WFC) granted three separate conservation easements to the Upper Saco Valley Land Trust in order to permanently protect nearly 400 acres of its campus and shorefront on Whitton Pond. With these three new easements in place, all but one property that directly fronts onto the 167-acre undeveloped Whitton Pond will be permanently conserved.
The Cottage-Soccer Field Easement permanently protects natural resources including, but not limited to:
- 2,030 feet of frontage on the Chocorua River and its tributaries
- 19 acres of the Highest Ranked Habitat in the state and 8.3 acres of supporting landscape
- 24.18 acres of wetlands, including forested-shrub swamps, Chocorua River floodplain, and intermittent streams
- 23.36 acres of land overlaying high-transmissivity aquifer
- 12.12 acres of productive forest soils
The World Fellowship Center has been an exemplary steward of these lands for the past 77 years. If the Cottage-Soccer Field property should change hands, this easement held by USVLT will ensure that the natural resources here are preserved forever.
Funding for this project was provided by:
- The NH Land and Community Heritage Investment Program (LCHIP)
- The NH State Conservation Commission Moose Plate Grant
- The NH Aquatic Resource Mitigation Program
- The William P. Wharton Trust
- The Davis Conservation Fund
- Donor-advised funds of the NH Charitable Foundation
- An anonymous family foundation
- The New Hampshire Drinking Water and Groundwater Trust Fund
- And many generous community members
Access caution: This property is open to the public for passive off-trail recreation. There is no public trailhead or public parking on site. Please respect all private property and posted signage.
Town Tax Map: 3, Lot: 46
Back to All Lands